As a fulltime Junior Software Engineer, you will use your design, development, and testing knowledge to help develop and modify our SENTRY™ Software we provide to enterprise customers.
- Contribute to the design of assigned new features and components
- Write first-draft user documentation for assigned new features and components
- Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing and new enterprise applications
- Perform development in a .NET environment using C# and SQL Server
- Build technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation
- Produce bug-free code by a combination of unit testing and manual testing
- Ensure all code conforms to software security practices and is free from vulnerabilities
- Work with QA to build test cases and explain impacted test areas
- Rapidly resolve bugs and fix defects discovered while coding
- Able to work efficiently and responsibly as a remote worker
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal / communication skills, sense of humor, and outstanding character
- Proven track record of delivering on time
- Positive working attitude and attention to detail
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Minimum 1 year exposure with software development and a willingness to learn the following technologies: .NET Framework, C# and database development using MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, unit testing, and operations
- Object-Oriented Design Skills and Tools
- US Citizenship
- Front End exposure using modern technologies for web development
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies (especially Azure)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable
About 911 Secure
911 Secure is in the business of saving lives. Our SENTRY™ family of software products provides enterprise customers with automated location discovery of their telephony users and notification of 911 calls made onsite. Everyone at 911 Secure takes its mission very seriously – to provide onsite corporate security and Public Safety Answering Points with the most accurate and up-to-date location information for telephony users as possible, to assist in reaching those in emergency situations.
If you want to feel pride in knowing your contributions make a difference when emergencies occur, we encourage you to apply today.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “JNR SW ENG Position”.
911 Secure is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.